Each winter IATE accepts submissions for the Poetry and Prose contest. Guidelines are listed below, and entries are due by January 31st. We look forward to fantastic contests showcasing Illinois’ best student writers!
Guidelines for Submissions
• All submissions should be made online using the submission links below.
(Please note: you must be an IATE member, and logged in, to make submissions.)
• Teachers may submit up to 5 prose pieces and 10 poetry pieces.
• Prose has a 1000 word limit.
• Poetry has a 44 line limit.
• Cover Letters (created in the submission database) should include the following:
• Full name of student
• Student grade level at the time of writing
• Full name of school
• School’s complete mailing address
• Full name of teacher and their IATE district
• Email address of teacher
Entries to the Poetry and Prose Contest must be submitted by an IATE member. IATE first year membership is free. If you’d like to submit student work and are not yet a member, please visit our membership page.