In the daily grind of life in the classroom, it’s essential to make time and space for yourself and your students as whole people. At this year’s fall conference, the Illinois Association of Teachers of English invites you to spend two invigorating days connecting with fellow educators as we share techniques that honor our diversity, methods that clear the path for more meaningful collaboration, and practices that give us peace of mind or time for self-care.
We have invited ground breaking authors who share our understanding of young people as powerful agents of change:
- Jeff Zentner, best-selling author of The Serpent King
- Brendan Kiely, author of The Last True Love Story and co-author of All American Boys
- Laurie Halse Anderson, renowned best-selling author of many favorites including Speak and the Chains trilogy
- Brittany Cavallaro, Author of the Charlotte Holmes series, and poetry collections including Girl-King, and our 2018 Illinois Author of the Year
- Roz Varon, ABC News anchor and author of Travels with Roz
Additionally, you can look forward to special bonus sessions offering restorative yoga classes and guided meditation.
We are also working on filling our vendor room with essentials for both your classroom and yourself.
Finally, we will be announcing our Illinois Author of the Year at a very special dinner on Friday night, wherein you will have the opportunity to meet and chat with some of our keynote guests, our current author of the year, and many other authors in an intimate setting.